Credit: Ashley Morgan of www.ashleymorganic.com
What you’ll need:
- 1 package of The Jackfruit Company’s “Lightly Seasoned” jackfruit
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayo
- 1 teaspoon German mustard
- 1 tablespoon capers
- ¼ teaspoon Simply Organic’s “All Seasons Salt”
- ¼ teaspoon crushed black pepper
- juice of ½ of a lemon
- ⅛ teaspoon turmeric
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- small bowl of breadcrumbs (I used seasoned breadcrumbs) for coating
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl until well incorporated.
- Form patties (should make about 3 patties) and lightly press the patties into the bowl of breadcrumbs until well coated.
- In an olive-oil coated frying pan, pan sear the patties for 4-5 minutes on each side on medium-high heat until lightly browned on the outside. Then finish in a 350-degree oven for 5 minutes on each side until the inside is heated through.
- Serve and enjoy!!