Recipe: Credit Lauren Sturgis of Kale Confessions
• 1 – 10 oz. Tex Mex Jackfruit
• 1 baking potato
• 1 tbsp black olives sliced
• 1/2 avocado, cubed
• 2 tbsp cojita cheese, crumbled
• 2 tbsp black beans
• 1 tbsp sour cream
• 1 tbsp Smart Balance Butter
• 1 tsp cumin
• 1 tsp chili powder
• 1 tbsp scallions, sliced
1. You can cook the potato one of two ways. If you are in a hurry, scrub the potato with soap and water. Poke with a fork lightly all over and cook in microwave on the potato setting (about 5-6 minutes).
2. If not, scrub the potato and bake in oven at 400F for about 50 minutes or until soft on the inside.
3. In the meantime, remove the jackfruit from the package and add to a sauté pan on medium heat. On the other side of the pan add in the black beans and sprinkle with cumin and chili powder. Sauté until the jackfruit and black beans are hot.
4. Break up the jackfruit with a fork until it is shredded into smaller pieces.
5. When the potato is done, carefully slice down the middle with a knife and let cool 30 seconds, steam will come out and it will be hot.
6. Mash in 1 tbsp butter into the potato flesh and distribute evenly.
7. Add on the black beans and jackfruit.
8. Top with the avocado, olives, cheese, scallions and sour cream.
9. Serve hot.