Enjoy our plant-based hearty Tex-Mex jackfruit as a base in your favorite taco dish and experiment with different toppings! We promise you’ll leave quite the impression on your Taco Tuesday dinner guests, who may not even realize they aren’t eating shredded meat!
What you’ll need:
- Corn tortillas
- Vegetable oil
- Green, yellow, and red bell peppers, sliced
- Red onion, sliced
- 1 Package The Jackfruit Company Tex-Mex Jackfruit
- Cilantro (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Heat the tortillas on a dry skillet set to medium heat, about 30 seconds per side. Keep the tortillas warm by wrapping in a clean dish towel or paper towel.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat, and add enough oil to lightly coat the bottom.
- Add the bell peppers and red onion and cook, stirring often, for about 3 minutes.
- Add the Tex-Mex Jackfruit and mix the contents of the skillet until everything is coated in sauce.
- Continue to cook until the vegetables achieve the desired texture and the jackfruit reaches the desired temperature, about 4-6 minutes.
- Spoon the desired amount of Tex-Mex Jackfruit filling onto a tortilla.
- Top with cilantro leaves (optional).
- Serve with lime wedges (optional).