1 packet The Jackfruit Company Tex-Mex Meal Starter
2 ripe avocados
1 tbsp olive oil
½ c red pepper, sliced
1 tsp oregano
¼ c chopped red onion
¼ c shredded lettuce
1 lime, cut into wedges
Vegan cheese and sour cream (optional)
- Heat stove top grill to medium high heat.
- In a separate pan over medium high heat, add olive oil, red pepper slices, salt, pepper and oregano. Let cook for a few minutes then make room in the pan and add Tex-Mex Jackfruit. Cook until peppers begin to char, about 7 minutes in total. Remove from heat.
- Halve and pit avocados. Brush with oil, season with salt and pepper and place flesh side onto grill until grill marks begin to appear, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from grill.
- Divide red peppers and Tex-Mex Jackfruit between avocado halves.
- Top with onion, cilantro, lettuce, a squeeze of lime and the vegan cheese and sour cream of your choice!