This ramen-inspired noodle soup is a perfect showcase to our Soy Ginger Jackfruit. Use any noodle you like, like soba, udon, or rice noodles. Also feel free to add any vegetables or toppings that you like. This soup also goes perfectly with tofu or eggs.
- 6-8 ounces Asian-style noodles, such as ramen, soba, udon, or rice noodles
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ½ tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sake or rice wine
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 package The Jackfruit Company Teriyaki jackfruit, heated to desired temperature
- 1 cup shredded carrots, blanched
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, blanched
- Sesame seeds
- Thinly sliced scallions
- Cook noodles as per package instructions. Drain, rinse, and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the vegetable broth over medium heat.
- Add the ginger, sake or rice wine, soy sauce, and sugar. Bring to boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Divide the noodles evenly into soup bowls.
- Ladle just enough broth into each bowl to cover the noodles.
- Place the desired amount of Ginger Soy Jackfruit in the middle of the bowl.
- Arrange the carrots and mushrooms around the jackfruit.
- Sprinkle the soup with sesame seeds and thinly sliced scallions.