Recipe Credit: Megan Faletra of The Well Essentials
Makes Six Tacos
• 6 soft corn taco shells
• 1 10 oz package of smoked jackfruit
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 lime
• 2 avocados
• 1 pint grape tomatoes
• 1 15 oz can black beans
• 4 cups of lettuce (chopped)
• ¼ cup green onion (chopped)
• 1 garlic clove
• 1 tsp chipotle spice
• 1 tsp paprika
• ½ tsp sea salt
• ½ tsp black pepper
• In a medium-size non-stick skillet heat the jackfruit and oil over medium heat.
• Add chipotle spice, paprika, sea salt, and black pepper to jackfruit and stir until the jackfruit is evenly coated with spices.
• Next, raise heat to high to slightly caramelize the outside of the jackfruit. Remove jackfruit from heat and place in a bowl to the side to use when assembling tacos.
• Next, chop lettuce, tomatoes, green onion, and one avocado into small bite size pieces. Place chopped vegetables to the side to use when assembling your tacos.
• Using a food processor make the avocado aioli by combining one avocado with the juice of one lime, and the garlic clove. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
• Next, heat your taco shells in a medium size skillet over medium-high heat on the stove. Flip each taco after 1 minute or until slightly softened.
• Begin to assemble your tacos by layering the lettuce, black beans, tomato, avocado, jackfruit, and green onion in your taco shell.
• Top with avocado aioli and serve immediately!