What you’ll need:
- 1 package Lemon-Garlic Jackfruit from The Jackfruit Company
- 1 box rotini pasta or any pasta of your choice
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 3-5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes or substitute with 1 ½ cups fresh diced tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini or yellow squash quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, diced (any variety) diced
- 10 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1 5 oz bag baby spinach
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 6 leaves basil thinly sliced
- vegan parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Strain and set aside. Prepare vegetables while pasta cooks.
- Heat a Dutch pot over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, onion, and garlic and saute for about five minutes until fragrant. Add diced tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Reduce to medium heat and cover with a lid for about ten minutes.
- Add oregano, remaining vegetables (except spinach), and jackfruit and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, for about five minutes. Stir in pasta, spinach, nutritional yeast and ½ of the basil. Cover with lid and heat for five more minutes.
- Top with vegan parmesan and remaining basil and serve immediately.