Recipe Credit: Megan Faletra of The Well Essentials
What you’ll need:
- 8 oz lightly seasoned jackfruit
- 4 large collard wraps
- ½ cup hummus
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (sliced)
- ½ bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 cucumber (sliced)
- 1 cup purple cabbage (chopped)
- 1 cup rainbow quinoa
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Optional: 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- In a medium saucepan bring two cups of water boil.
- Once water has come to boil add 1 cup rinsed quinoa to the pot. Cover quinoa and reduce heat to simmer. Cook for approximately 25 minutes or until quinoa is soft and water has been completely absorbed.
- While the quinoa is cooking chop all vegetables into small pieces that will be easy to roll in a wrap.
- Depending on your personal preference at this time add jackfruit to a bowl and mix with two tablespoons of mayonnaise. You can also choose to skip this step and simply mix jackfruit in a bowl without adding any additional condiments.
- Next, take a large skillet and add 1-2 cups of water. Remove skillet from heat once water is boiling and quickly blanch each collard wrap by submerging them from 3 seconds in the water. This will allow the collard wraps to become much softer and easier to wrap.
- Once quinoa is cooked remove from heat and begin to assemble your collard wraps.
- Begin by layering hummus, quinoa, and vegetables. Finish your collard wraps by adding a layer of jackfruit, and then topping with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- To roll your collard wraps simply fold in each side and then roll from the bottom up.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!