Credit: Kelly Pfeiffer of noshandnourish
Makes 6-halves of acorn squash
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THE STUFFING:
• Smoked Pulled jackfruit (10oz)
• 4 tbsp vegan butter
• 1 tbsp minced garlic
• 2 tbsp thinly sliced leek
• 6 – 8 oz portobello mushrooms, diced
• 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
• 1/4 cup dried cranberries
• 1 tbsp curry powder
• 1/2 tsp sea salt
• 5 oz (or 4 cups) baby spinach
• 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THE SQAUSH:
• 3 acorn squash, cut in half (cut a small amount off each end too so that they sit flat in the pan)
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 2 tbsp maple syrup
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice acorn squash in half and remove seeds. In a large glass casserole dish, arrange squash halves in a single layer. In a small bowl, combine olive oil and maple syrup, then set aside.
In a large sauté pan, melt the vegan butter. Then add in the garlic, leeks, mushrooms, quinoa, jackfruit, curry, and sea salt. Sauté for approximately 5 minutes until mushrooms are soft. Add in the spinach and continue sautéing until it is wilty, but not burned. Then, stir in the nuts and dried cranberries.
Carefully spoon the mixture evenly into each squash. Brush on the olive oil/maple syrup to the acorn squash outer ring/flesh. Bake for 40 minutes.