Recipe Credit: Megan Faletra of The Well Essentials
Makes eight tacos
What you’ll need:
- 8 oz lightly seasoned jackfruit
- 8 corn taco shells
- 2 cups black beans (drained)
- 4 cups chopped lettuce
- ½ diced red onion
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 2 cups sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
Lime Citrus Aioli:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Once the oven has preheated place the jackfruit, sea salt, paprika, chili powder, cumin, and black pepper into a ceramic oven-safe dish. Mix spices into jackfruit and place in oven for ~10 minutes to heat up.
- While the jackfruit is warming up, make your citrus aioli by adding all ingredients into a small food processor or by using an immersion blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Next, drain the black beans, and begin chopping your veggies into small bite-sized pieces. Place your diced veggies into small bowls for easily assembling your carnitas tacos.
- Once the jackfruit is heated, remove from oven and place your corn taco shells in the oven for 2-3 minutes or until they are warm and slightly crisp.
- Begin to assemble your tacos by layering the veggies, black beans, and jackfruit. Top with sliced avocado, chopped cilantro, and a drizzle of homemade citrus aioli and enjoy!