Makes 4 quesadillas
Our savory Tex Mex Jackfruit combines with cheese, green and red peppers, and onions to make a delicious Tex Mex style meal or snack. You can also melt the mixture and serve as a dip with tortilla chips.
- 4 flour tortillas
- ½ cup Tex Mex Jackfruit, shredded with a fork
- 1 cup finely grated cheese, such as cheddar or Monterey Jack
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- Mix the jackfruit, cheese, bell peppers, and onion in a bowl until well combined.
- Heat a pan or skillet to medium heat.
- Place a quarter of the jackfruit mixture onto one half of a tortilla, spreading evenly, then fold over the other half creating a half moon shape.
- Place the quesadilla on the skillet and toast until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is a golden brown color, about 2-3 minutes. Flip the quesadilla with a spatula and cook for another 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- Remove from the pan or skillet onto a cutting board, and cut the quesadilla into even wedges. Continue with the remaining tortillas.
- Serve with salsa, guacamole, sour cream, or your favorite Tex Mex condiments.