Recipe Credit: Megan Faletra of The Well Essentials
What you’ll need:
- 8 oz lightly seasoned jackfruit
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup hummus
- 4 cups chopped lettuce
- ½ diced red onion
- 1 ½ cups sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 sliced cucumber
Lemon Tahini Dressing:
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ cup tahini
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Next, place 1 cup of water in a small saucepan over high heat. Once boiling, add quinoa to the water and reduce heat to a simmer and cover the saucepan. Cook for roughly 20 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed.
- While the quinoa is cooking, drain and rinse your black beans and begin to chop your vegetables to your preference. Place them off to the side to use when assembling your Buddha bowls.
- Once the oven has been preheated place your jackfruit in an oven-safe container and place in the oven for ~5-10 minutes allowing it to heat up.
- While the jackfruit is heating up, make your tahini lemon dressing by adding all ingredients into a small food processor or by using an immersion blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. If your dressing is too thick add a little more water or lemon. If it is too runny add an additional tablespoon of tahini.
- Once your quinoa is done cooking remove from the stove and begin to assemble your Buddha bowls.
- Start by place a bed of lettuce at the bottom of your bowl and then add the already lightly seasoned jackfruit, quinoa, black beans, hummus, and chopped veggies.