Serves 2 – 4
This hearty yet healthy dish features a balanced mix of vegetables, beans, and grains that is as delicious as it is good for you. This bowl is just as good cold as it is hot, and it makes a great dish to bring to a party or picnic.
- ½ cup quinoa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups chopped kale
- ¼ cup water
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 1 package BBQ Jackfruit, heated to desired temperature
- Cook quinoa as per package instructions. Place cooked quinoa into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a pan or skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chopped kale and stir, coating the kale with olive oil. Add a pinch of salt, and continue stirring until the kale begins to wilt.
- Add ¼ cup of water to the kale, lower the heat, and let simmer until the kale is tender and the water has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- When the kale is tender, place into the bowl containing the quinoa.
- Add the black beans, red onion, red bell pepper, and corn to the bowl and mix until everything is evenly distributed.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the apple cider vinegar to the mixture and stir well. Add salt to taste
- To serve, place the kale and quinoa mixture into a bowl and top with the desired amount of BBQ Jackfruit.